Since 2014, Water for the Future has been linked with Water Funds to implement conservation actions in the priority watersheds of Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Panama where Coca-Cola FEMSA operates. To date, these actions have resulted in more than 3 million cubic meters of water replenished to nature.
Our interventions cover a broad spectrum of actions based on green infrastructure. We replenish water with activities such as:
• Reforestation with native trees
• Preservation and revegetation of moors
• Protection against cattle and fire
• Restoration of damaged or destroyed ecosystems
• Sustainable agriculture practices
• Protection of riparian corridors